In the Spring of 2019, 650 Big Idea Project students formed 185 teams that worked to address a variety of social problems such as:
- Increasing the quality of the student mental health
- Advocating for those without a voice such as trafficked girls and foster children
- Honoring civil servants and veterans
- Providing help to people who are outcast, hurting and sick, poor and needy
Through a selection process that heavily emphasizes personal development and growth in generous leadership®, five teams were selected to represent their schools at Big Idea Project’s Student Showcase and Gala where they presented their projects in front of 350 leaders.
As a gift of thanks for leading well, these 18 students received college scholarships. But more valuable than scholarships, these students were acknowledged for their leadership talents and given personalized awards designed to take their leadership forward.
Introducing the 2019 Awards and Recipients
- Best Overall, Skyview Academy. Meet with the President of Colorado Thought Leaders Forum, Sara van Resburg, who personally matched students with their own professional mentor. Sponsored by CTLF.
- Best Example of Generous Leadership®, Holy Family HS. A behind the scenes tour and experience with members of the Colorado Air National Guard, 140thWing, including lunch with Col Patrick Hanlon. Sponsored by Improve Group.
- Most Inspiring Advocate for Change, Columbine HS. Lead a round table with some of Denver’s most prominent CEO’s, and learn from seasoned leader Mike Kopp. Sponsored by Colorado Concern.
- Most Inspiring Story, Horizon HS. A behind the scenes tour of Denver’s Fox31 studios, meet and learn from the morning news team and station leaders and tell their story on Colorado’s Best. Sponsored by Fox31.
- Most Business Worthy, Arapahoe HS. Learn from the personal coaching of Bill Graebel, CEO of Graebel Companies how to start and run a successful business, with the help of $1,000 seed capital. Sponsored by Graebel Companies and Humana.
Big Idea Project is in process of securing partnerships with companies and leaders to provide more awards like these to even more of our 2020 students. If you are interested, please contact Tricia Halsey, Executive Director, email@example.com. Please see the below videos for more about our 2019 awards.